When you’re reading your dog’s personalized book, your dog will recognize a word he knows for treat. It might be biscuit, snack, cookie, or whatever word your dog knows…but you don’t want this word to be a tease.
Try this simple treat recipe and be ready to give your dog a treat during your reading time! They’ll be waiting for you to bake more!
- 1 1/3 cups blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 peeled banana
- 3 2/3 cups whole-wheat flour
How to Make The Yummiest Treats:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Blend 1 1/3 cups washed blueberries and 1 peeled banana with 1 cup water in a blender.
- In large bowl, mix blueberry mixture with 3 2/3 cups whole-wheat flour to form a dough.
- Spoon the dough onto a cookie sheet in about 1-inch spheres, or put in silicone pawprint/bone baking trays.
- Cook for 9 minutes, flip, cook for 9 more minutes.*
- Makes about 100 treats. Store in bags of about 10 days worth for freshness. Refrigerate one bag, and put the rest in the freezer until needed.
- Curl up with your dog and his book, and enjoy the yummy treats!
*We’re based in Colorado, so you may need to adjust for altitude. Try cooking them a little bit longer. (Biscuit and Peanut also prefer them a little on the soft side, so don’t expect crunchy treats!)